Tuesday, December 7, 2010

18 Days to go...

If you haven't started your Christmas shopping, you better get going - only 18 days left until Christmas :-)

Box #18's activity was a whole lot of fun. It took quite a bit of work on my part, which is really my own fault, but I was just so pleased with the end result. When I started thinking about the activities and what the kids could do I knew that I absolutely had to put a treasure hunt on the list. And so I kept wondering and thinking about the best way to make a treasure box for the "treasure". I was at Warehouse Stationery one day buying some craft supplies in anticipation of some of the upcoming activities when I walked past this craft book for kids. It had the most amazing looking cardboard treasure chest inside. Perfect for what I was looking for. And because it is for girls, I knew it had to be pink. This is my final result:


I'm not 100% happy with the lid, and it turned out just a bit harder than I thought and unfortunately ran out of time a bit. But I knew the girls wouldn't mind.

For the treasure I chose a few party items like a princess crown, some plastic beaded necklaces, an activity and some chocolate coins (of course...):


Their little box today contained the first clue telling them where to find the next clue:


And so they went on to look for all the clues:


And once they had all the clues they had to put them together to find out where they could find the treasure:


And then the excitement:

2 comments:

  1. Sjoe maar dis baie oulik en ek kan sien dit was hope pret. Die "skatkiste" is pragtig en is seker bruikbaar vir ander doeleindes ook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, how wonderful! such fun ideas. look forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete