Wednesday, December 1, 2010

24 days to go...

And the exciting day arrived. I finally managed to finish all my little boxes and their lids. I decorated them with little stickers and numbered all of them from 1 to 24. And then I had to try and somehow construct the bit where I would slide in all my little boxes. I then realised that my cardboard is actually a bit too flimsy and it sags in the middle with the bigger slots - sigh! So I left it and went to bed.

This morning I knew Bianca's been counting down the days until she would get her surprise (on the 1st of December). She saw me working on the little boxes but had absolutely no idea what they were for. We left early to take her to One Day School and I then went to help out at CCF. And I kept thinking and wondering what I could do to get the stand ready for the boxes knowing that I now had very little time to get it all done. So then when I had to take a walk to the post office to get the mail for CCF, I saw something that suddenly gave me a great idea. In the one shop they had these really small little Christmas Trees which I suddenly thought would work absolutely perfect. So I bought 2 (1 for Bianca and 1 for Caitlyn). Brilliant.

Got home and I quickly made the finishing touches to the boxes. I finished putting the little activities into the boxes and tied golden ribbon around each one. And then the big reveal:


(I think Bianca's face said it all)...

The little tree is only about 30cm tall and I think the girls are not only excited about the little boxes, but also because they each have their very own little Christmas Tree :-)

They got to choose box number 24 (after all 24 days to go):



And inside were a little chocolate as well as some tiny little Christmas Tree decorations:


And tonight's task? You guessed it - decorate the Christmas Tree.


Then just before Bianca had to go to bed she said "I can't wait to open tomorrow's little box". All the hard work to get it done - it was absolutely worth it. Just seeing the excitement on their faces really made my day :-)

4 comments:

  1. Fantasties!! Hul gesiggies vertel die hele storie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,that is sooo cool! You are such a great, creative mum. Loved the looks on the girls faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Love the advent calendars as boxes :)

    ReplyDelete